19. Kate Edwards: The Heartbeat of Nano Influencer Marketing & Embracing Your Own "It" Factor
“No one’s life is perfect, right? I think the more we can use social media to show authenticity and real people, the healthier it’ll be.”
– Kate Edwards
On this episode of “The Shine Strategy,” I’m thrilled to welcome the brilliant Kate Edwards, co-founder and COO of Heartbeat, and co-host of “The Next Ten” on Podast One.
Heartbeat is a marketing technology platform that connects brands with real consumers to run influencer-style campaigns on Instagram. As of 2019, Heartbeat has a captive network of over 250,000 Millennial and Gen Z ambassadors and reaches over 600 million people on Instagram.
Kate began her career at top creative advertising agencies working with clients such as Procter & Gamble and Johnson & Johnson. She went on to consult for the Global Vertical Marketing team at Facebook and led business development for Three Day Rule. She is a Brown University alumnus and received her MBA at UCLA Anderson as an Easton Technology Fellow. She’s even been a contestant on “Jeopardy”!
I get really excited when I learn new things about social media and the future of marketing, so my conversation with Kate was incredibly inspiring as well as full of tips on what makes campaigns successful. Additionally, her passion for changing the perception of women in media and giving everyday people a voice, is truly making a wonderful impact on the world.
You won’t want to miss this episode to learn how you can become a nano-influencer, what brands can do to maximize their reach, and why it’s important to embrace your individuality.
“It’s all about giving people a voice and that voice should be their own. It shouldn’t be manufactured…”
- The breakdown of Influencer Marketing and what makes a micro-influencer vs. a nano-influencer.
- How trust is one of the most important values in driving a successful campaign.
- How to sign up at Heartbeat and start on your own nano influencer journey.
- About Heartbeat’s technology that provides scalability and effectively manages campaigns.
- Why empowering real people every day is important to Kate and the driving force behind Heartbeat’s mission.
- How much nano-influencers can make and the factors that help drive results.
- Kate’s invaluable advice for brands in terms of trends and how to most effectively acquire new users and customers.
- How being an individual and using your own voice is the most important piece of being successful in the influencer space.