EP14. Heather Monahan: Creating Confidence & Breaking the Glass Ceiling
“You need to fire the villains in your life.”
– Heather Monahan
Today on “The Shine Strategy,” I sit with the incredible Heather Monahan, who is a best-selling author, keynote speaker, entrepreneur and founder of Boss In Heels. Having successfully climbed the corporate ladder for nearly 20 years, she is one of the few women to break the glass ceiling and claim her spot in the C-suite.
As a Chief Revenue Officer in Media, Heather Monahan is a Glass Ceiling Award winner and Thrive Global named her a Limit Breaking Female Founder in 2018. She is also the host of the “Creating Confidence with Heather Monahan” show on PodcastOne. She’s a confidence expert and is currently working with Fortune 500 companies and professional sports entities to develop confidence in the workplace and on the court.
Heather’s story is not too unlike my own, and I loved hearing how she took on all of the challenges that were thrown at her and turned them into a career that aligned with her passions and life purpose. She is a shining example of what it means to step into your heart and use your confidence and visibility to empower those around you. Her commitment to her journey is inspiring, along with her game-changing tips on how to get the attention of the right people for your business—including a PR stunt that surprised even me! Tune-in to hear how she went from humble beginnings to a Boss in Heels.
“Offering value to others and bringing value to the table and not asking for what you want is always a great way to ultimately get what you want.”
– Heather Monahan
TUNE-IN TO HEAR:
- How Heather went from living in a trailer with her single mom to claiming her spot in the C-Suite of corporate America.
- How she turned getting fired from her job into creating her own brand, authoring a book, and starting her incredibly successful podcast.
- Her creative ways to reach seemingly unapproachable people.
- How a life-size cutout of herself helped her get on “The Steve Harvey Show.”
- The lesson she learned from being vulnerable and sharing her personal story.
- How to refine your pitch to land a TEDx Talk.