EP13. Losing my Dad & Healing Core Wounds
“The light cannot exist without the dark.”
– Heather Burgett
In this special episode of “The Shine Strategy,” I pay tribute to my father’s passing by speaking publicly for the first time about our relationship.
I’m doing this to stretch my own boundaries and grow as a human being. I also hope to let others who might be experiencing something similar know that they are not alone.
If you love someone who is an alcoholic or addict, it can be complicated and complex.
It can be something that affects our lives deeply, so I’m sharing what I’ve learned over the years, the core wounds that needed healing, and how I accepted and forgave my Dad, as well as myself.
TUNE-IN TO HEAR:
- About the two main core wounds that I experienced as a child
- How my Dad’s alcoholism impacted my family
- The main two choices that you have to make if you love someone who abuses substances
- How a frontal lobe brain injury impacts the human spirit
- The life lessons I learned coming from a working class family
- What it’s like to feel someone’s spirit leave the human body