EP8. Darrah Brustein: Diving Deep with Deepak Chopra & Lifestyle Design
“Be the hero of your own story.”
– Darrah Brustein
Today, on “The Shine Strategy,” I’m thrilled to introduce you to connector, entrepreneur, author, and all-around impressive teacher, Darrah Brustein.
She was named #1 to follow by Boss Babe magazine; has founded and scaled two business—a payment processing company and a networking events company—and her articles on lifestyle design in Forbes and other media outlets have been read by millions. Most recently, she released a video masterclass series with Deepak Chopra, titled, “Diving Deep with Deepak and Darrah.”
Her superpower is her ability to connect people. She is not only a powerhouse business woman and entrepreneur, but her desire to “give it forward” to those around her has led her to become a master networker. After inviting her community to 30 days of giving, she “accidentally” started the movement #giveitforward which strives to empower 1,000,000 people to give intentionally to one person in some way every day, with no strings attached.
This interview is chock-full of heart-centered tactics on how to get your message out into the world in a grounded way; how to say ‘yes’ and ‘no’ effectively; and, most importantly, how to live the life you desire while lifting up others.
TUNE-IN TO HEAR:
- How Darrah uses her “gut-check” to decide when to say ‘yes.’
- How to ask for things from a place of authenticity and be able to connect with those with whom you wish to collaborate.
- Darrah’s framework for how to say “no” that she learned from the uplifting rejection she received from Brene Brown’s team.
- Creating emails that are quick and easy but still personalized.
- How Darrah’s side-hustle brought her and added six-figure income in addition to increasing her impact in her community.
- Why Darrah re-evaluated what success meant to her and the career shift that it created.
- The steps you can take to break the cycle of working like you’re on a hamster wheel.
- Tips to achieving a balanced lifestyle.
- How Darrah never imagined she’d be working with Deepak Chopra, and the lessons she learned from it, including what she calls, “borrowed confidence.